Sunday, November 27, 2005

so i was going to make a huge post about Thanksgiving and how wonderful it was however, i'm a bit sideblinded right now by the fact that THE CEILING IN FRONT OF MY ROOM JUST FELL APART! It literally just scared the crap out of me as i was at the bottom of the stairs when it happend. Now there's dust, dirt and a 3 foot long piece of plaster out in front of my room. I've seriously had it up to here with this flat. Thank god i got my deposit back from my landlord on Thursday night. I think this was one of the last straws. I'm ready to get out of here. I suppose a lot of this is a learning experience as this is only the 2nd time that i've rented a room on my own and had to deal with a landlord (i never met my last one, but things went great!). Lessons learned---If renting, get a contract and a landlord is never really a friend.

Aside from being freaked out. Things here are well, about as they were before. I'm done with Euroffice in 2 weeks. Something that i'm bitter sweet about. I love my collegues for the most part and the job itself isn't too bad. But i'm done with being treated like a second class citizen for being a temp. And i'm glad to be less stressed. It was definetly a good experience although i'm not sure i'm cut out for office work.

Thanksgiving went quite well and there are photos up at http://photos.yahoo.com/lindsaybeaninlondon and tons of left over food which is always nice. It was still kind of hard being away from my family. There was one point in the evening where i was kind of like, i like the people who i'm with but they aren't the people i want to be with. I guess that's life though.

Well now i'm going go crawl back under my covers and stay away from the dust in the hallway (just what someone like me who constant has bronchitis needs). My love to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home