Sunday, July 31, 2005

Do you know the expression, "when it rains, it pours"? I think the same is true when it comes to jobs. Low and behold i'm sitting around Friday morning when i get a call from Euroffice ltd. who i had gone on an interview with the week before (i think i mentioned my rocking interview). Anywho they offered me a full time position for the rest of my stay here. And it's better pay at £9 an hour (you do the math, but that's £1,440 a month before taxes). The job with Euromoney Mag was only for a month and £7 an hour. So after some thought i gave up my Euromoney job and have agreed to go work at Euroffice. I'm bummed that i won't be working with my friend Sed, but it's closer (i'll be commuting to Vauxhall which is a 20 min bus ride or 2 stops up on the tube) and again MORE MONEY!

I just went in today to Neon to get the rest of my owed wages and the owner kept asking me to work and being one who hates to say no, i agreed to work next friday. So i now have 2 jobs. So next friday i'm working 9am-6pm being an office assistant at Euroffice and then 7:30pm-12am at Neon as a bartender/waitress. That's going to be a long day. But hey! i'll have cash to go travel with.

It's currently pouring here. Literally. Thankfully i gave in and bought an umbrella the other day. I figured it was probably about time. So now i've ducked into the internet cafe to stay dry and check my email (i've been away from it most of this week as Matt's been off biking in France so i've been unable to abuse the perks of a free connection). Chris is down and the three of us (Amy included) just went and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I think, despite my ridiculous obession with Johnny Depp, i much prefer the original. Tradition eh?

Chris and i hung yesterday and he took me to this great bar called The Poterhouse which has over 100 beers from all over the world. I think i had died and gone to beer lovers heaven. Dulcy and i hung out last night although our night out wound up being a bit of a disaster. Tonight shall be a bit quieter i think.

I keep thinking of observations i make that i want to write about here but when the time comes i always forget. However, i did just remember one thats driving me nuts. So on British tv, when commercials come on, they automatically turn up the volume and are louder than the show you're normally watching. So you're constantly having to adjust the volume on your tv. It's obnoxious. It also seems like they let anyone on TV here, regardless of their appearance. Including people that would never be allowed on TV in the US due to their looks. I guess the British people seem to care less about looks. Who knows?

Well thats all for now folks,
Love
Lindsay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home