Friday, July 15, 2005

Well i meant to write in my other blog as well, but it's not working, so i am only updating here. You should all feel incredibly special. Well all good things come in time and it's finally hot here again. It's been a solid 85 the last 6 days and has been making my heart sing. I moved into my room on Saturday which was exciting and i finally have a fully sheeted bed and whatnot. I've been going crazy trying to find a job, as it's July and while the job market can be tough to begin with it's even harder with all the college students here looking for jobs as well. That being said, i actually may have landed one. It's this posh Martini bar/Italian restuarant up the street from me (see it at www.neonbrixton.co.uk). It even has it's own DJ spinning. While i've worked in an italian restaurant for 5+ years, i've never worked in a Martini bar, nor have i ever even made a Martini. I have my trial tonight at 6pm so keep your fingers crossed. I'm hoping it will go well as i've been incredibly frusterated by the lack of prospects. If it doesn't i may call back an ad and see if i can work the bar at the Ashes Cricket Tournament that happens next week. No luck on the secretarial front. Tho however comforting as it isn't, Amy still doesn't have a job either.

I've been following a lot of sport. I'm not sure if that just comes with having Chris as a friend and therefore being constantly around someone who follows things like Rugby, Cricket and the Grand Prix. I'm even learning about more obscure things like Aussie Rules Football. (don't ask i still don't really get it).

Otherwise things are good. I'm having a great time with friends here and slowly catching up with everyone and i'm generally quite happy. That being said i'd still be happier if i won the lottery. But first things first, a girl can't be picky. A roof over my head, a great guy in my life, wonderful friends by my side, a job could really complete the picture.

Well enough wasted time here at the internet cafe. Hope you're all well.

Love,
Lindz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home