Sunday, July 03, 2011

Right! Time for an update. To keep things rather succinct the following has happened in the last few months.

1. I saw a great friend get married (and was a bridesmaid in her wedding (Steph)) in February.
2. Another birthday came and went, but this time I was lucky to have load of friends and family with me to celebrate this year (April 2011)
3. I GOT MARRIED!!! (April 2011)
4. I quit my job (June 2011)
5. I accepted a position with a new company (June 2011)

So all in all, some big changes of late.

The big one in all of that is of course our wedding. We were so lucky to have friends and family from all over the world attend. Relatives from London, Family from the US, Friends from Australia, etc...We had such an amazing day. It was lovely and to be honest feels like a dream.

We will post some more information and pictures up on our wedding website - http://www.lindsayandmatt.co.nz soon so stay tuned to there.

Now the big adventures are the new job which will have me travelling to Australia for training and occasional trips (as they are based in Oz) and planning our honeymoon to South America.

I think I'll talk a bit more about that as I'm getting all excited. We're going to Chile, Peru and Bolivia. At least that's the plan. Right now we have tickets going from Auckland -> Santiago -> Cuzco -> La Paz, Calama -> Santiago. We're going to do a shortened version on the Inca Trail (just a 2 day hike instead of 4) then on to La Paz and the Salar and then back via San Pedro de Atacama.

For the first time though, I'm challenged with obtaining a visa. Apparently Bolivia has quite a few hoops that Americans must jump through in order to get a visa (which I suppose is tit-for-tat). For the first time I'm struggling with organising parts of our trip. There isn't a Bolivian embassy or consulate (from what I can tell) in New Zealand.

None the less I'm super excited about this new adventure coming up. Stay tuned for more updates (I promise I'll be better about updating the blog now that the wedding is over!).

4 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Michael said...

The link is broken to my blog's dashboard...you'd think that blogger would do better, but no....it must be nice to travel when you've got the money...

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Yes your right this is a time of change and you have embraced all the changes in your life . May the new year bring exciting changes.

 
At 3:25 AM, Anonymous bella said...

I’ve just subscribed to your RSS feed. I love your content. :-)

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Now, we all know that we should be exercising.
cheap nfl jerseys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home