Friday, January 28, 2011

So i have itchy feet.

I'm really, really wanting to travel right now. I'm not sure if it's additional work and wedding stress that's pushing me to want to find some amazing secluded beach, but i want to.

It's funny looking back on things in life. Compared to my colleagues (and just in general) i'm still young, but i feel old these days. I realized something recently. Not all that long ago, i had a simple goal - i wanted to speak 3 languages by the time i am 30 fluently. And while i'm not 30 yet i feel like i'm moving backwards in my progress towards this goal. I need to figure out how to fix it, but short of moving somewhere where another language is spoken fluently, i'm at a loss.

Of course though there are still trips here in New Zealand i want to do (and i really want to do the Cook Islands, which isn't New Zealand but in my American-centric view ie "everywhere is relatively close" it's relevant). The Hawkes Bay and Marlborough seem beautiful - as does going up to Cape Reinga. I think my job is probably the main thing thats holding me back at the moment. Well, time to be more specific. But i am going to do my best to change that. Afterall i'm the only person who can.

4 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Lindsay....just blog browsing and yours' came up...your photos are interesting.
It sounds like you are perhaps a "travel-holic"...I wish you many interesting trips with great photo subjects!

I traveled for 35 years in business worldwide, and have had my fill...1.7 mil miles and 77 countries.

Enjoy yourself and keep blogging...when you are older the posts will fascinate you.

Mtn Doc

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger kleks96 said...

It's a really interesting blog, i like it and I'm starting to follow it. (Sorry but my english is terrible I'm from Poland. I tried to write something;p) My blog: http://sztukafot.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Ok- so this is going to seem a bit random- and maybe out of the question, but I figure if I never ask then I will never know. My name is Lindsay also and I just found out today that I secured an internship in London. I have been waiting to start my blog until I found out for sure and now I am anxious to get started. Thing is- you have the url I want. And I check- someone has it for wordpress too. And I was thinking- since you aren't even in London anymore and your blog name has changed- maybe you want to switch so I can have the url? haha let me know what you think!!!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have been waiting to start my blog until I found out for sure and now I am anxious to get started. Thing is- you have the url I want. And I check- someone has it for wordpress too.
cheap nfl jerseys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home