Monday, February 15, 2010


So the main news around these parts is not of new houses or rings or anything particularly exciting but rather my ankle. While playing soccer last week in my spectacular attempt to get the ball I rolled my ankle. Good news is despite initial concerns it's not broken. Bad news is it's a nasty sprain on both sides of my ankle. Crutches = fail. Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery. I do have to give one big, big mention to my amazing fiancé who has been so supportive and uber helpful lately. All in all I am a very lucky girl.

But the real point of tis entry is to mention the cost of all of this. As the health care debate rages on back in the us my bills from the above injury have been as follows:

A&E clinic visit - $35 (incl 2 doctors exams and cast)
X Ray - $25
Drugs - $6
Crutches - $30 **deposit-refundable
Physio therapist - $10 (inital consultation & 1hr treatment)

That's it. $76 nzd which is like maybe $50 usd. For all that. The rest is all covered by the government. Amazing.

Well that's it for now, hoppy/stixs/cripple on out!






















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home