Saturday, December 22, 2007

Due-do-dew-do-due-do


As I mentioned before, November was Movember here in New Zealand (and in many other places). Matt grew a Mo for the whole month and one of the reasons I put up with it (aside from the fact that it was raising money for charity and awareness) was that there was a big party at the end of the month to celebrate for it. 2 days before said party however we found out it was a fancy dress party. Black tie you think? No no. Fancy dress to just about everyone except Americans means “costume”. With little time to think and put together costumes (Guys were meant to come dressed “supporting their Mo” and girls supporting their “mo-bro”) Matt and I whipped up some awesome costumes.


Recognize us?







I think we did a pretty good job

We’re Mario and the Princess from Nintendo’s Super Mario video game! It gave us the chance to dress up and be super geeky all at the same time! There were some people there who had some pretty spiffy costumes! Part of the fun bit was getting to go in a limo! We went with our friends Megan, Evan and Penny from quiz night. Megan’s dad owns a strech limo company and in return for going a bit later we got to go in ultimate style!







All 5 of us decked out





Do you like my Mo?



The downside for going later in the evening was that Matt and I missed out on being nominated for the costume awards which considering how proud we were of our costumes was a bit of a bummer. We did separately run into 3 of the judges who said had they seen us earlier we totally would have won! Oh well. Next year maybe. I like the idea of costume balls for charity. But really I think I like anything that gives me an excuse to dress up.

We're in Australia at the moment for Christmas. As for Christmas down under, I’m sure it will be great but it’s still a bit of a strange idea. The fact that it will probably be like 90 degrees outside on Christmas day is a bit odd! I'm still excited to get away tho. Something about getting away and on a plane, even if it’s not anywhere new, is still thrilling. We watched this kiwi movie on Sunday called Kombi Nation that was more or less a Kiwi version of the film Road Trip. Highly recommended but like anything having to do with traveling (and Europe) it’s made me want to travel again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home