Tuesday, August 29, 2006

So I've decided that I'm going to seriously make an effort to stay up to date on this blog (and my personal one) with all my free time. I know I've said that many times before but this time I'm serious. Note the new layout :-). So nothing of note has really happened since my last post, which I realize was a bit preachy (and please don't misread my comments on pregnant women--my mate Collette just had a beautiful baby girl on Sunday). Anyways, I'm becoming more involved in the global expat community, which I think is good for me. First, it's giving me extra push to work on my travel book, which incidently got it's first use real use since I started writing it. I gave my mate Steve my chapter on London and he seemed to really enjoy it. I think I'm beginning to realize that in a way I'm trying to cover too much. But I'm just going to go with the flow and see where it takes me. I think in a way it covers a niche market of young American twenty somethings in (or barely out of) college backpacking. I wonder if there's a way to market that to Lonely Planet? I'm also going to get my personal website up and running again. Yes, like the blog I know I've said that before, but I'm finally playing with the images I scanned from my passport. We'll see what comes of it all. It's wonderful living with Matt because he's someone I can bounce ideas off of and someone who I can go to with design and code related questions.

I finally made it down to the Crawford Gallery in town and to be honest, I was kind of disappointed. It has lots of sculptures, however they're all plaster casts. Ironically I've seen almost all of the originals (most coming from the British Museum, The Parthenon Museum and Musee Louvre). That makes it ok I suppose, but really if it's free, I can't complain. Although it's August here, I'm freezing! Already. It's kind of a drag that it's rarely making it above 18 C - 20 C(that's like 65 F- 70 F). I've applied for my taxes back. Fingers crossed there.

Well that's it for the moment. Stay tuned for more (I swear I mean it this time).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home